Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The beginning:

When ever I start a new blog, I go through two phases. 

The first one being that I'm overly excited about starting one. Where my head is about to burst with ideas I could talk about. Everything sounds interesting at first, and I mean everything. I want to share my thoughts with the world because I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Everyone would love to read it. I'll open the internet, pull up the site and start creating the blog. Once I finish the beginning, the second phase starts to creep in.

After my excitement finally dies down, I'm left with nothing. "HEY, where did those interesting topics run off to in my head?!" I stare at the blank entry page in a silent room. I get frustrated and curse at myself for starting again. For feeling pressured to whip up a blog entry within mere minutes and have it filled with stuff that doesn't seem to flow. Who would really want to read it? And why would I create another blog that would never get read? What's the point? Thus, creating the demise of the blog even before it really truly begins.

But not this time. 

This time, I'm going in expecting nothing. I'm going to take as long as I need to. I'm just going to be me.


No comments:

Post a Comment